E-CHUM Newsletter

We value your Privacy


South Padre Island, Texas
Northern Bahamas
November 24-30, 2007
December 1-8, 2007


shark reports
mag reports
TV series info
trip reports
upcoming shark trips
web stuff
things u don't want 2 read


SEPTEMBER 28, 2007
I was talking to my dad yesterday, showing him what's left of the dome port, off of my Equinox Video Housing. For those of you that don't know, I went diving with Hollywood Producer, Scott Gurney this past weekend for mako sharks. We ended up finding 6 makos (ranging between 4-7 feet long), and one 10 foot blue shark.

My dad was asking me questions about the dive. He wanted to know if I had someone watching my back, while I filmed the mako sharks from the front? I said no, then I tried to expain to him that I was perfectly safe because of how makos behave, how they do not really like to be very close to each other. So when I was dealing with one shark, I knew that the others were off in the distance.

I picked one spot on my camera to show you my dome port. Bite marks from 3 different mako sharks

He just gave me that skeptical eye, like I was full of shit. I stood there, trying to explain the experience to him, and the deeper I got into the story, trying to explain how safe it was, the crazier the dive sounded, to both my dad, and even me. I justified it, maybe to myself that it was a safe dive. Rusty and Steve, my editing guys, down loaded the footage to the hard drive and told me that the whole thing was full of bumps and bangs, that the footage is some of the craziest I have ever returned with. I knew I had experienced a gnarly encounter, but because I was in the thick of it, I did not see it as a risky encounter, just as another good dive with sharks. It all boils down to time in the water. Things just start to slow down.

I guess I can equate it to my bull riding days. When I first started riding, everything moved so fast, and I usually blanked out and was on the ground before I knew what was happening. But as time and experience wore on, things began slowing down and started clicking. Soon my body began to move better with each jump, and each kick. I think the same thing goes with diving and filming sharks. Even though things seem chaotic, and out of control - I feel good, I don't panic and I keep my emotions in check. The key is to not lose focus of the goal; which is to film shark up close. Because the best stuff is when the sharks are bouncing off your dome port... always has been, always will be.

See you all Monday!

SEPTEMBER 26, 2007
Sorry everyone, I have not updated my journal lately. I was out of town and have been playing catch up. I made a quick visit to LA, California. Here is what happened...

I left for LA on Thursday, Sept 20, to seek out large mako sharks with Hollywood producer, Scott Gurney. I am interviewing Scott as part of our ongoing mag and web series, 'Hollywood Sharks.' Scott has produced several shows for Discovery's Shark Week, and SDM is interviewing him for an upcoming issue (issue # 17, due out this January). After several emails, we decided to talk on the phone to discuss plans for the interview; what it was going to be about, when we could schedule it, and so forth. It was during that first phone call that I found out about Scott's passion for sport fishing, and his secret spot for finding 500 plus pound mako sharks. Scott is an avid sports fisherman, (sharks are catch and release) and has made finding big mako sharks in Southern Cali his specialty. And when I say big, I am talking about 500-1000 pound big. After a few stories, and me drooling for an opportunity to see a monster sized mako, he invited me out there. His words were, if you'll sign a release form, I'll put you on giant makos. My reply was, "when are you going, and where do I sign?"

We set a date for the interview and adventure, and a plane ticket later, I was on my way to California to meet Scott in person. The idea was to spend a couple of days with him, out in the water, and interview him while we were there.

Friday 21, 2007...
I arrived in LA on Thursday to find out that Scott had an important meeting that could not be rescheduled so we had to cancel our first day in the water. Which was not a problem, I understand these things. This gave me and Rafa Flores, (SDM's topside and underwater cameraman) a free day. Which we took advantage of. We decided to call up Eddie Paul and see if he had any free time for a visit. Eddie is the CEO of EP Industries. They create anything and everything you can think of, mostly Hollywood stuff.

The man, Eddie Paul

Working at EP Industries
We published an article about the shark he created for the Cousteau’s in issue # 15, if you have not read it, you need to check it out. He's a nice guy and has the most incredible machine shop in the world. It is the ultimate guy's toy room. It was Friday and Eddie was busy, but not too busy for a visit. He was throwing a barbeque for his crew and invited us to join them. Now how does a Texan say no to a barbeque? We high tailed it over there and spent the noon hour watching them work, and eating burgers.

Cook out at Eddie's place
This time they were building something for the military. If you all ever get a chance, check out his website DealineTV for some videos on what they do… It’s pretty cool stuff.

Friday evening rolls around and Scott calls us to let us know that a storm is blowing in and we need to cancel Saturdays dive. It rains like twice a year in Southern Cal, and we just happen to plan our trip when it happens (great!) Scott lets us know that Sunday is looking great for a day of diving, and we can get out there on that day. The problem was, we are scheduled to go home on Sunday. Me and Raf discuss our options. We could both take a rain check and come back next year for a shot at big makos, (this is the tail end of mako season in California, and so we would have to wait till 2008 for another opportunity) or we could shrug a day of work, pay the $100 rescheduling fee and go sharkin’ It was a no brainer. We decided to pay the fee and stay an extra day.

Tree snaps in the middle of the street after storm rolls through

We went to have lunch with Scott on Saturday, to discuss the plans for the interview and the upcoming adventure. Scott was a good guy, and it turns out he was from Venice, Louisiana. That is one of the sharkiest places in the Gulf of Mexico. It’s an amazing place. That was the location of our Dusky shark dive back in June of 2006. It was also the first time I got chased out of the water... Good times, good times.

Sunday rolls around and we head out to Marina Del Rey, to hook up with Scott and two of his fishing buddies, David Ferrario and Billy Mossbrooks. We head out in Scott's boat, the Contender. This boat is a monster; it has three outboard motors on it, and does something like 65 mile an hour out on the water. It f-ing flies.

We head out something like 45 miles and start chumming. The chum is dropped and the waiting game begins. The day is nice, with flat calm seas, no wind, and maybe 78 degrees. A dream day at sea. The vis is way over 100 feet, so when the sharks roll in it should be EPIC stuff. I have logged hours with mako shark before, but nothing over 6 feet, and 250 pounds. So it is going to be interesting to see what big sharks do.

We began drifting and chumming around 9 AM, and by 1 PM we were all a bit worried, except Dave. Dave said we would not get anything until we hit the 3 to 5PM. Those are the magic hours.

And Dave was right, because right at 5 PM, our first mako shark showed up. It was a four foot shark, then a second shark showed up. That one was upwards of five feet. I threw on gear, grabbed my camera, turned it on, and nothing happened. I tried to turn it on again, and nothing happened. I opened it up and my camera was dead. During the boat ride out, my camera broke. Fortunately I had a back up with me, so I switched it out, fired it up, and dropped in. By that time, a third shark had showed up.

I dropped in and it was on! The sharks were everywhere. Bumping and banging my camera, doing fly byes, it was awesome.

We had four makos swimming with us for over an hour. I dropped in and filmed shark after shark. Some sealions moved in and tried to chase the sharks away. It pissed me off, but it was very cool to witness. One of Scotts buddies, Bill was wrangling in the sharks for us, he was great at it. I would swim in close, trying to get them to bounce off my dome port. Of course he knows how to work sharks, Bill runs a charter fishing operation, and the shark diving game is new to him, but he is really excited about it, and wants to do more of it. I am trying to convert him! Oh and in case Bill reads this blog, I want your Oakley's brother!

The sun was setting and I was running out of light, but we still had sharks and I wanted to keep shooting. I asked Scott if it was ok, and he said yea, so I came up to change tapes, when Raf yelled out that a monster blue shark had showed up. The largest blue shark I had ever seen was a 6-1/2 foot shark, but Raf was yelling out that it was around ten feet long.

My tape was changed and I jumped in. My eyes were searching everywhere for it. Then it swam into view. The shark was 10-11 feet long and weighed anywhere from 400-500 pounds. It was a big shark. I charged hard after it, trying to get close to it. It was a good looking shark. I was excited to see it out here. Its good to know that big sharks still exist in these waters. Unfortunately we did not see any monster makos, the largest shark was maybe 7 feet, but seeing that monster blue was enough.

The sun dropped out of sight and I reluctantly said goodbye to the 3 makos and the blue left swimming around. The tally was 6 different makos, and our blue shark. I thanked Scott, Dave, and Bill for the day, it was a very wild mako encounter. You know you had a great day when you come back saying, my $3,500 camera is broken, and my housing’s $400 dome port has been bitten so many times, it is beyond repair, and this was one of the best days I have ever had in the water...

Eli, Bill, Scott, and Dave. Thanks again, it was EPIC

SEPTEMBER 18, 2007
I got a great email this morning. It was from my good friend, Tyler Ham. Tyler lives up in the San Francisco area, and works for ILM (George Lucas company). Tyler has worked on some of the big Hollywood productions, Pirates of the Carabbean trilogy, and the Transformers.

Tyler and Courtney, dove with us on our mako trip this past August.

More important than his cool job, and hottie fiancee is that Tyler is a certifiable shark junky. So this morning I get an email from him, letting me know that his parents just bought a boat, and he wants to borrow it to go out into the San Fran bay and see what's lurking. This is his first chumming session and he wanted some advice on how to go about it. Talk about me getting pumped up. Hearing about my fellow Shark Divers going out to create their own day of shark diving is what I live to hear about. This is the stuff I was hoping would happen. Readers not just sitting around waiting to go out on trips, they are doing it on their own, creating their own shark sessions. If he is successful, the sharks he might pull up are makos, blues, and/or sevengill sharks! Then another friend Ed Gullekson, emailed me to let me know he is going out looking for sixgill sharks tomorrow night. My buddies out there Livin' the Dream!


"How to Chum for Sharks!"

SEPTEMBER 17, 2007
The week begins here at SDM with a fast week coming up. This weekend I worked on the new issue and the SharkWater article. I had originally slated 5 pages to do it, but it will take six. Which I am fine with, because it really is a great story, with some awesome pictures. So I will just change things up and move them around a bit.

When I had Ed Rodriguez doing the layouts for the mag, I always wanted to stand behind him and see what he was doing. He hated it, because I would always throw in my two cents while he was working on the page. I could not help it, I loved being involved, especially in the story telling process. I had specific ideas as to where I wanted certain pictures to be placed, and at specific points in the story. The problems we would run into was that he did not read the articles so he would lay it out, and then show it to me, and I would look at it, read it through and see that it was all messed up. Needless to say we did not always agree on things.

Now that I am doing the layouts, I started doing them with issue 13. I am having a blast story telling, and finding new ways to tell them. Its fun.

I also talked to Paul Andre, our rep for Whites Dry Suits. I emailed him to discuss changing up their ad for the next issue. We have been running the same ad for a while and I wanted to change it up. He called me this morning to discuss this and to get my print schedule. It looks like he will make the tail end of it, which is great. I really want to change up the mag, for this issue. And believe me it is getting a face lift. Guy Harvey changed out their ad as well. So the mag is going to look really good for you all, and the industry trade show this November. We will be turning heads, doing shit our way! Of course we have always done things our way, getting better, stronger, and having more fun than most... When I say most it is because, I think Hugh Hefner has more fun than we do... damn it!

SEPTEMBER 14, 2007
I called my buddy James Moskito today to see how he was doing. James works for Lawrence Groth, of Shark Diving International. I called to see how he was doing and what him and Lawrence were up to, and to see how their shark season was going. So far the white shark season in Guadalupe is going really good. The sharks are there and there is plenty of them. (I am still trying to find someone to allow both in cage and out of cage diving at Guadalupe... I will keep you posted)

We then got to talking about his upcoming Farallon season. The Farallon Islands, near San Francisco, CA. is where the largest white sharks in world aggregate to hunt for elephant seals. They come in for around 2 months a year, then the sharks split, migrating off to another area. The diving conditions are extreme. It is often, windy, the swells are high, and the water is very cold. Its just a nasty, gnarly area. But its worth it if you get the opportunity to see some of those monster white sharks. So James is telling me that his season starts next weekend, and that he will be going out there everyday for 58 days straight! I started thinking about it, 58 days in a row, out to the Farallons. He is leading the trips, so he most likely won't be diving much, but the idea of it. Going out for 58 days in a row... sharkin'.

I am not a super competive guy. Not anymore. I gave that up when I quit riding bulls. But the idea of going sharkin' for 58 days straight got me all fired up. I want to do that just for the experience of it. Of course I would never want to go 58 days straight to the same place. That would drive me batty, and put me to sleep. But to go sharkin' all over the world for 58 would be insanly cool. My call to James, could not have come at a better time. Especially after I had already announced my plans for next years super shark tour. Next years tour is going to be something like that, maybe not 58 days, but close. Of course now my mind is thinking about that number and beyond. Such crazy thoughts, I get home sick on 14 day trips, now here I am thinking of going 2 months straight. Screw it, I am doing it!

And I want to do it, not because I want to beat James, or match him. But because in my mind, I am thinking how salty, and sharky he is going to be on the last day of his trip. How tired he will be, sunburnt, all sharked out, and more important are the stories he will be able to tell. At the end, that is what it is all about, coming back with the best stories you could ever hope to tell. And 58 days at sea, in great white infested waters, you will be coming back with some of the best shark tales. (expect an article from him early next year in SDM).

When I think of James upcoming adventure, I remember the old saying;

"One man's adventure of a lifetime, is another man's day at the office."

SEPTEMBER 13, 2007
This has been a fun and productive week. The mag is moving along nicely (16). I finally got Andy's images for his article. As well as the porbeagle images for my piece. I have already set the dates for our reader trip porbeagle adventure for next year. 3 days for a small and very core group of shark junkies.

This trip will be a combination, of trying to swim with the sharks as well as fishing them up for tagging purposes. Hopefully we can get the sharks swimming along side the boat so we can tag them while they swim by, sort of what our friend Walter Heim does with mako sharks out in California. If we can do that then we do not need to fish them up. This is the only time where I am pro fishing sharks. I think what Dr Turnbull is doing is a good thing. I got an email from a gentleman named Simon Spear from the UK. Simon has been doing some work with the porbeagles out there. They managed to film some free swimming porbeagles while on their tagging expedition. This gets me more pumped up for next year, and our chances of keeping the sharks around longer. This year we were competing against the scallop fishermen for the sharks attention. So I am setting up the trip to work around all that. If it goes the way I plan, it will be an insane trip.

SEPTEMBER 11, 2007
My mind is always working in crazy ways, and this time it has worked in a way that I am so excited about. I am changing our 2008 reader trip schedule around. After a few seasons of shark diving, I have found that the best shark activity is during the months of July and August. Those two months seem to have some of the best shark action around North America. Maybe it's the hot weather, and the waters warming up, I don't know, don't really care. I'll leave that to the scientists and biologists to figure out. What I want to do is capitalize on it, and set up trips to go on a month long shark diving adventure. So I have devised a plan to create the 2008 Endless Summer Tour... I just came up with the idea today so the dates are all getting worked out.

The WORLD'S GREATEST SHARK SEAFARI is getting put into action. I should have confirmed dates, and shark species within the next 2-3 weeks. It will be a month long adventure that will royally piss off your loved ones, (and mine! I'll figure out how to tell her later, probably a week before I leave!). Especially if you join us for more than one. I know many of you will want to, it is a lot of exciting shark species, and its going to be a fun ride that WILL change your lives...

More on this later!

SEPTEMBER 10, 2007
I am in the office again, and it is time to slow down my mind. It usually takes a few days to mellow out, and get used to the office pace after I get back from one of our adventures. I used to call it island fever. Everyone who travels knows what island fever is. It's when you go somewhere, a shark trip, or a family vacation, and you get home, and the first thing you do is start planning out your next trip, sort of a what's next? Well we do the same, but with us, we know what's next. The problem is slowing down till then.

So I am sitting here at the office trying to catch up on things. I have a few back logged emails that need answering, some mags to mail, the next issue to plan...

The next issue is going to be awesome. I know I say that with every issue, and I am right, the new mags kick ass, but this issue is going to be different. I know the hardcore readers will really enjoy this one. Normally the mag get shelved when your done reading it. Not this time. This time the mag will live on. Because to really get the full effect of this issue you will need to log on to our website. I do not want to give away too much, but when you get the mag you will see exactly what I am talking about. I thought I had my work cut out for me before when I did the layouts, Hell no! I just bumped up my work load again. This is the first issue I have ever done this for so I am pretty excited about it. And I know you all will be as well.

It is going to be great because one is not complete without the other. The people who log on to browse our site will see this page, click the link, see all the things on the page, and leave it sort of confused, because you need to read the articles to understand what each segment on the web page is about. It is going to be great.

So I thought my traveling and diving was through till November, but it turns out that I am making a quick trip out to California for a few days, mid September. So if I am in Cali, its a shot to do a day of mako sharks! I just can't get enough of those makos...

I am totally exhausted, I need a shower, I miss my family, and I am ready to go home. I have thankfully left Canada, and it's freezing ass weather. But I miss my new friends, and I really miss those sharks. I have already commited to go back next season to get another crack at the sharks. I know with more time, some better hang baits, and a bit of luck, we can get the porbeagles swimming around us for a while. The diving conditions were some of the hardest I have ever encountered. It really is not for the weak hearted. This adventure was one of a kind. But enough about that, I will save it for the next issue. Right now I am so damn tired.

I have a couple days off to relax, Rusty our director of photography and DVD series editor is getting married this weekend so I will be attending that, it should be a good time. Then I get back to the office on Monday to mail off more mags, and new orders, as well as planning out the new issue (16), and my next adventure! Andy and I have already began discussing what our next 'Off the Beaten Path' Adventure will be for next year. More on that one later, but I will give a hint... Daggernose Sharks!

Our day began at 6AM, with freezing cold weather. It was 2 degrees above freezing. As a Texan, this is very wrong. Where I live, people die of frost bite when it hits 70 degrees. So when the boat left port and we hit the open ocean the day was made worse by the screaming winds. Which in turn created choppy seas, and muddied up the water. So talk about a shitty way to begin the day.

Our boat the Storm Cloud

We pushed out further than normal to try and find the milky green water, and get away from the brackish dirty brown water. The green water would allow us to shoot in 8-10 foot vis, vs. 2-3 foot water. We monitored the conditions, and the water was too rough to try a regular chumming/diving session, so we decided to focus on Dr. Turnbulls tagging project.

Dr Turnbull of the University of New Brunswick

Dr. Turnbull has created the Canadian Shark Conservation Society. This groups main goal is to protect the sharks that make their home the Bay of Fundy. Porbeagles, threshers, basking sharks and white sharks, being the main species in their studies. So todays mission was to fish up a shark, bring it up onto the boat, tag it, measure it, determine sex, and unique marking then release it.

James, a recreational Shark fisherman waiting for a shark to hit the line.

The day started like our last with a long miserable wait for some action. Time went by so slowly, the weather was so nasty, and I was freezing. As usual, I do not bring the right winter wear for the adventure. I just brought my poncho. So we sat there, killing time, by eating, talking shark, planning out our filming strategy and future trips. It was during the 5th hour when we heard the sound of a fishing line yell out that it was getting pulled under.

A mad rush of people started rushing around, the captain pulled out the extra fishing lines in the water. The first mate made sure that James had the fishing pole right. Me and Andy started slapping on dive gear. Even though we were not able to chum up a shark like we hoped too, we still wanted to get in and try to shoot the shark in the water...

For the rest of the story you will need to wait for issue 16, which is due out October of this year. I will write it up along with the amazing images Andy took. But I won't leave you all totally in the dark. Here is one image that Andy took which is kind of fuzzy but this is the porbeagle shark we encountered.

The first underwater shot of a porbeagle shark. Not a great shot, but I did this on purpose

Today was day one of our porbeagle adventure. And damn was it hard. The sharks just did not want to play today. Our guide Emmerson of took us out to his stomping grounds to seek out porbeagles in the Bay of Fundy. The Bay of Fundy has the gnarliest high and low tides I have ever seen. The tide rolls out for 12 hours, leaving the boats at the dock, grounded. Then it rolls in and rises something like 26 feet. It is crazy. (Those pics will be uploaded later this week.)

So we went out and began chumming up these sharks. Three hours went by and nothing. I was worried, but I know that it takes a lot of work to bring in these sharks. Me and Andy prepped our cameras and got suited up, just in case the sharks showed up. We knew that if the sharks did show up, they would not hang around for very long, so we did not want to waste any time.

SDM staff photog, Andy Murch, putting on his dry suit. It was 52 degree water!

Four hours go by and nothing. Six hours and our hang bait get slammed. We had two mackrals hanging on a line about 50 yards out. The shark took it, never broke the surface and took off. This further proved what we had learned in California, mackral make terrible hang baits. The sharks love these little juicy fish and chew them down, and take off.

We reset the bait, this time a bit closer to the boat. But we had already drifted way closer to our the dock, and the water murked up even worse. We had begun our drift with around 10-12 feet of murky vis, but had drifted into an area that was around 5-6 feet. So when we hit the eight hour mark of chumming, we had 14 hours scheduled, we decided to change our tactics. The rolling swells began to build, and the wind picked up, bringing in the clouds.

The clouds roll in stealing the sun, and any shot at getting some ok vis to film the sharks.

Dr. Turnbull of the University of New Brunswick is with us out here. He is studying these sharks,trying to find out as much information about them as possible. He wants to help protect these sharks and is doing everything he can to accomplish this. Part of his study is to tag these sharks as part of his population study. So we decided to drop hooks into the water to help them capture and tag these sharks. It is something that tore at me deeply, but it is a good cause. It is to find out how many sharks are actually in these waters. If there is enough sharks, then the Canadian Governement will grant them some funds to begin sat tagging these sharks. With sat tags some real research into the lives of porbeagles can be done. Currently nothing about these sharks is known.

Sat tag with Dr. Turnbulls info on it.

It was around the 12th hour that a huge dorsal fin cracked the surface. It bumped the bouy that held the hooked bait, around 50 yards away. I secretly was hoping the shark would pass it and keep swimming our way. The shark did and kept swimming towards the boat. The vis was really bad, maybe 5 feet. But me and Andy threw on gear as quickly as we could. The shark got to about 20 feet from the boat; it was a good sized shark, at least 6 feet, if not seven. These sharks look just like makos, but they have this huge dorsal fin, with a distinctive white spot at the base. I was so stoked at what I was seeing. There was no doubt that this shark was a porbeagle, and here I was looking at it, well its dorsal fin. Adrenaline was racing through me. I was geared up, my camera next to me, already recording, ready to jump in.All of sudden - the shark dropped down and disappeared. Everyone strained to see where the shark went. The time clicked by... nothing, our shark was gone. Disappointed, I turned off my camera, and went back to my spotting post in a daze.

Today was not to be our day. When 14 hours hit, the boat chugged back to port. We got skunked. The thought of being so close - so f-ing close to a porbeagle shark, this would of been the first time in history that it would of been filmed in the water. So to have it swim away killed me. My dream of swimming and filming a porbeagle has not happened yet. But I have another day. One more day! Tomorrow- tomorrow is our day.

I know I am sounding all dramatic, but damn! The shark was there...I was just 20 feet away!

I am at the airport again, leaving for Canada. The sharks are waiting... I hope. Today is the day I have been talking about, and dreaming about for such a long time, the day is finally here. So I am sitting here in a daze of mixed emotions. This adventure is one of the biggest undertakings I have ever attempted. Everything about the trip screams out extreme adventure.

For those of you that are new to my blog, I will explain what it is I am setting out to do. I am heading out to the Bay of Fundy in Canada, to seek out porbeagle sharks. Porbeagle sharks are close kin to great whites, and mako sharks. They are reputed by fishermen to bite boats, and launch gnarly attacks when they are getting fished up. They are just a gnarly cool looking shark. The Bay of Fundy is also very extreme water. It is known for extremely fast, high and low tide changes, ripping fast currents, not to mention cold, and murky water. The risks for what we're doing are very, very high.

So why are we doing it? Becuse the rewards far outway the risks. If we (me and Andy Murch, our staff photog) are successful, we will be the first to film and photograph these sharks with out hooks in their mouths. The only exsisting footage of these sharks is what fishermen have documented as they are pulling them up. If any footage of these sharks exsists, I have never heard about it, or seen the pictures. So there is a purity and a rawness to this adventure, and this is what me and Andy live for. This is why we chose this job, for these kind of rare opportunites. First descents, first photos... Damn I hope we find that shark.

So I sit here asking myself, are we ready for this? The answer is no! But who really ever is? Who can say that they are ready for this kind of adventure? I have prepared myself for dives similar to this. I have spent hours in the water with extreme sharks. Trying to get as close as possible to makos, whites sharks, tigers, and bulls. Both in crystal clear water, as well as murky, soupy water. I have dove with them both at night and during the day. I have trained for this style of shark diving, improving my free diving skills. I have motored out and dealt with rough seas plenty of times. I have dove in cold 54-56 degree water in 7 mil wetsuits seeking out angel, swell, and horn sharks. So I know what it will be like with these water temps. So in a sense I am as ready as I will ever be, but I don't feel ready. And I guess that is good because it means I am not jumping in over confident, and that is when you make mistakes.

So I guess you can say I am excited about this new adventure, but reluctant as well. And it all boils down to dealing with the reality that I am not dreaming about doing it anymore, I am on my way. This dream is now my reality. So I sit here at the Houston airport, waiting for the plane to take me to Canada. 13 hours will be spent today, trying to arrive at my destination, so I can hopefully step onto that boat tomorrow morning and head out on another shark diving adventure... living out another Dream!

If I have internet access, I will email you the stories and photos daily.

Cheers till then,

Back to Home Page
Official website of Shark Diver Magazine
Copyright Tiburon Publishing Inc, © 2002-2007 All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited by law.